Thursday 4 May 2017

Daily Rituals by Mason Currey

"Throughout his life, Picasso went to bed late and got up late."

Undoubtedly the most inspirational book I have ever had the good fortune to read.  Reading it has taught me that no matter what your strange habits are, you are likely to find some genius out there who shares one or many of them. Does a glass of wine increase your word count, well you aren’t alone on that front. Is the morning or the afternoon the peak of your productivity, there’s good company for either option.

So many of my literary heroes and heroines (and other luminaries of the arts) are included here and it makes for fascinating reading.

The fact that Umberto Eco published his first novel at 48 years of age has given me hope that  there's still time for me to pull my finger out and come up with something amazing.

5 out of 5 amazing talents never fail to amaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment