Saturday 10 September 2016

Amnesia by Peter Carey

"The traitor's mother leaned across and kissed me on both burning cheeks."

I have been reading this for what seems like rather a long time. Perhaps I've been a little distracted. That being said, I felt like the content was somewhat reminiscent of the title, in that I'd forget what I'd read the night before.

Computer hacking and political coverups form the basic plot and will no doubt seem very familiar to readers of the Snowden and Assange filled news of recent years. Journalist Felix Moore is offered a financial and career saving offer to detail the story of hacker, Gaby. Her story is interwoven with that of the journalist, his financial backer, the hacker's mother and so on down the rabbit hole.

3 out of 5 times spent trying to get an internet connection.


No comments:

Post a Comment