Monday 6 June 2016

Who Buries the Dead by C.S.Harris

"Theirs was a rarified world of manners and careful calculations ruled by the dictates of taste and fashion,a world where extremes of emotion were outrĂ©  where all was controlled and measured."

Finally, another instalment of the Sebastian St. Cyr series, with a little Jane Austen action to boot. That always delightful lender of books, Miss Nicki, has once again, delivered unto me a great read. It is a truth universally known, that one must have good friends to swap paperbacks with. Well that is my conceit in any case.
I'm currently tearing myself away from the latest episode of Penny Dreadful  to catch up on my reviewing. Life has been busier than a night of horror tales with the Shelley family of late and I appear to have a bit of a reviewing back log.
Sebastian St. Cyr's latest adventure is decapitation heavy. There is something quite striking about the images the novel invokes. All smokey, dark alleys and headless corpses. The stuff of nightmares.
It was no wonder then that I absolutely raced through this read to put the spooky thoughts to bed at quick speed. I don't want to give too much away, so I won't dwell on Sebastian's look alike and how upset I was by that sub plot- actually perhaps that was a bit of a spoiler.

Bring on the next one I say, I need some more quality St. Cyr time!


4 out of 5 times the butler didn't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment