Friday 19 February 2016

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

"The cycle growls like a beast, tearing me away from Kilorn and the Stilts and my old life."

The benefit of being a bit late to the party, as far as a book series goes, is that you don't have to wait forever for the next instalment. Apparently the movie version of this young adult fiction novel will soon be headed our way also, so enjoy the book while you can.
In this fantasy world, the ruling class are silver and the average joes are reds.
Mare goes from struggling red thief, to royal silver society and finds life is just as difficult.
This is one that I think my friend Nicki will also enjoy.
Right now, I'm hanging out to read the next instalment and according to the author's blog, a third is also in the offing.

5 out of 5 silver? I prefer platinum.


No comments:

Post a Comment