Sunday 25 October 2015

In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce

"Alanna kissed the immortal's hand, feeling weird energy jolt through her body."

It might be strange that I'm giving the same rating for the second tome of this series as the first, I preferred this outing to the first. The story has really come along and the pacing is great. I guess the only drawback for me, was the size of this novel; I wanted more.
Alanna really comes into her own in this story, dealing with the unique worries of pretending to be a man, progressing her career and dealing with her burgeoning romantic feelings.
Dark, mysterious magic surrounds Alanna and she must discover what strange enemies are about to come to the fore. With her talking cat, her would be amorous cousin and dare we forget the delectable Jonathan, war, intrigue and mystery are about to make life very interesting.

My friend Nicki who lent me both novels must have been on to something. I'm going to need to borrow the rest of the series.

 4 out of 5 talking cats know more than they miaow.


No comments:

Post a Comment