Tuesday 21 April 2015

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman


"Will Rory be there this time?"

Neil Gaiman, how I do love thee, let me count the ways. You, who share my love for the Doctor and his Tardis and have so graciously included a who-vian extravaganza of a short-story hidden furtively in this intriguing and delightful collection of short stories. You,who consistently surprise and amaze, I apologise profusely for how long it has taken me to write this review.

Life, stress and a whole lot of crazy times have come between me and this review. A disappointing romance (low on the romance), a hilarious comedy festival outing with my amazing Melbourne friends and non stop work deadlines have cut a dent in my reviewing abilities. Fear not, I'm back!

Ladies and Gentlemen, let us return to the subject at hand. This glorious, and mixed up offering of tiny tales from the master of storytelling. I was lucky enough to get a little teaser of one of the stories read out by the author himself, on stage, on his wife, Amanda Palmer's book tour. There is a little something for everyone here with a vast of array of genre and themes explored.

I don't want to spoil it for you! Grab yourself a copy and discover for yourself.

5 out of 5, sometimes good things come in small packages.


No comments:

Post a Comment