Monday 10 November 2014

Waistcoats and Weaponry by Gail Carriger

"As much as she admired Felix's slouch and overconfident flirtations, how could she reconcile her politics with her dislike of his father's secret society."

I have been awaiting the latest novel from Ms Carriger with anticipation. As indispensable as the perfect cup of tea or fashionable mech-animal, it is time to return to Mademoiselle Geraldine's particular finishing school for instalment number 3.

Lord Felix reminds me of someone annoying. If only Sophronia could end up with Soap - but I have a feeling that won't eventuate, although who knows? Sometimes appearances can be deceiving and can you really get past being of a completely different opinion on all the things that matter to a potential mate?

This novel is full of fun, adventure, intrigue, high speed rail travel and the odd dirigible. Just one quibble for me, I want more Lord Akeldama... what can I say... i'm a fan!

5 out of 5 longing looks can have an intriguing impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment