Wednesday 1 January 2014

The Harlequin by Laurell K Hamilton



"He ac­tu­ally blushed under the per­ma­nent tan of his skin."

It seems quite disappointing to finish a year of reading with this novel. Not only did I fail to reach my target of 250 novels ( although 212 was not too shabby), but I had to contend with one of the most pedestrian outings of Anita Blake to date.
An endless stream of characters - well at least Edward is back, some crazy church plot thing - to be honest, I  might have dozed off a bit with this one.
Let us hope 2014 provides some more really great reads.

At this juncture, it is perhaps more interesting to look back on the year that was in wonder. I have had the pleasure of some absolutely fantastic reads this year - and more than a few duds.

Top reads this year included:
  • The Patrick Melrose novels
  • Dust
  • Mister Pip
  • Cain
  • American Psycho
  • The Son and 
  • The Terminal Experiment.
Oh yes, back to the review, well I was a little underwhelmed.

2 out of 5 supernatural creatures are bound to bump uglies with Anita Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment