Saturday 21 December 2013

Vicious by V E Schwab

"He definitely felt like he'd died"

An enticing premise is brought to fruition in an entertaining fashion. Two outcast college students become, through experimentation, extraordinary (E.O.) beings capable of some truly amazing feats.
Friendship turns to deadly competition and this novel of superheros really takes flight. The jumpy time frames flashing forward and backwards while adding to the suspense, meant I took a little while to really get into the story. Despite the slow start, the story certainly speeds up to provide a rollicking ride.

I doubt I would have picked this up based upon the cover, I'd seen it recommended online somewhere or other and figured I'd give it a look-see. This would make one heck of an action movie - I'd love to see Victor and Eli square up on the big screen.


5 out of 5 super human powers have a dark side.

No comments:

Post a Comment