Wednesday 25 December 2013

Hourglass by Claudia Gray



“Balthazar’s bloodshot eyes met mine, dull and incurious, like he was past even imagining that help would come.”


As the year winds down I am desperately trying to reach my goal to read 250 books this year. Looking at the calendar, it is already the 26th December and I have quite a number to go. In any case, the third instalment in the teen vampire series, Evernight is an action packed foray into the world of vampires, slayers (the Black Cross) and the mysterious wraiths.

Bianca, the child of two vampires, is quite literally sleeping with the enemy, as she and Lucas stay undercover in the quasi cult that is the Black Cross. This book has something for everyone – domineering parents, feuds, sex, vampires, ghosts and really crappy part time employment.

It is impressive that something skewed to a younger demographic translates so entertainingly to this cynical, slightly older audience. It has been a long time between drinks, but  the storyline came flooding back as I began the 3rd outing  of the series.

Now all that remains to say is that – like sand through the hourglass so are the…. um….err… what I mean to say is, I can’t wait to find out what’s in store for the next book.



5 out of 5 , I like my stakes bloody.

No comments:

Post a Comment