Wednesday 29 May 2013

Indecent Exposure by David McClintock

 

"The allocation of credit for a movie's success, therefore, is inherently imprecise, elusive,  and subject to elaborate manipulation, particularly among people in the positions of David Begelman and Alan Hirschfield'.

 
They say that truth is stranger than fiction and nowhere is that more evident than in this particular work. Yes, I know, I've diverted into the realms of non fiction again, but trust me this was the perfect antidote to the last book I read. In this case  I tore through more than 500 pages in one night.
 
 
I was particularly amazed that a non fiction story  from the eighties about embezzlement and board room antics could grab my attention so unrelentingly. Big egos clash. rules get broken and lives get destroyed - this tale is epic. Throw in the odd legendary name and you'll be hooked too.
The action takes place around the time when Columbia was coming out with one of my favourite sci-fi films, Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
 
 
 
Weirdly, because I really hadn't anticipated being so enthralled, I'm giving this one a big score.  5 out of 5 moguls get manic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment