Saturday 9 March 2013

Perdido Street Station by China Miéville




“I can dig my claws into the rim of  a building’s crown and spread my arms and feel the buffets and gouts of boisterous air and I can close my eyes and remember, for a moment, what it is to fly.”

How have I not read this novel before?  To open its pages is to be transplanted into an entirely other world that both assaults and delights the senses. A summary of the plot would be a disservice to its intriguing action. The prose is almost poetic at times, often grotesque and entirely compelling.

Isaac's quest to aid the mysterious Garuda ignites far broader concerns that shake the very foundations of New Crobuzon. All roads lead to Perdido Street Station, at the centre of this unusual city. 

Strap yourself in for an amazing adventure that will keep you reading well into the night. 5 out of 5 creepy remades would certainly agree with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment